Restaurant “Les Capçades”Access
On the access road to Horta de Sant Joan, before reaching the village, the indication is on the right.
Partida de Capçades, s/n Horta de Sant Joan
Telf: (+34) 977 435 555
I spoke about the "Les Capçades" hotel a long time ago. A unique place with unique people. I wrote, in as much detail as possible, what I experienced there; but I kept a secret from myself. And I think it is time to uncover it.
One of the most important points of any hotel is its gastronomy. A good hotel must be backed by good cuisine. And this is, without a doubt, a clear example. I was sure I would eat well; but what I did not expect was to find such avant-garde cuisine.
The dining room is rather classic. Nothing attracts attention; but what does stand out is the huge window that offers magnificent views of the garden. They take care about all the details. The tables, with their white tablecloths and red glasses, invite you to sit down to start the party!
The restaurant is dedicated to the work of the painter Manuel Pallarés who is son of Horta de Sant Joan and who was a friend of Pablo Picasso. Detail that stole my heart...
It is open from Thursday to Sunday only in the evenings for hotel guests and for non-customers who have made a prior reservation.
Type: elaborate seasonal cuisine. They offer a 6-course tasting menu where they always try to use local products. In the wine list, there are a lot wine of D.O. Terra Alta.
- Cucumber with clams and jalapeños - Served in a small tin. Impeccable presentation. Contrast of flavors that surprised me a lot. I loved that this was the first course because it gave me clues that they are daring with the combinations. One of the star dishes.
- Tuna on Tataki with cream of white asparagus, ponzu sauce and cherries with Timut pepper - I have seen salmon with ponzu sauce in different restaurants, but never with tuna! Good mix with the white asparagus sauce and the cherry cut into quarters. Another of the star dishes... chapeau for creativity!
- Cod with apple, celery and bacon - Elegant dish. Although the cod is highest quality, what gives the dish its strength is, without a doubt, the bacon. Delicious.
- Mellow veal with thyme gelée pear compote and ginger and Parmesan cheese sauce - Contrast of flavors that has strength. The Parmesan sauce is delicious and the thyme gelée gives it the refreshing touch. Very elaborate dish.
- Raspberries with homemade rosemary ice cream - They make the ice cream! Very good proposal to finish dinner.
- Perfect Petit four.
I loved they are daring with the mixtures and they are respectful of the local product. Great!Price: Alt From 40€