Restaurant “Club Náutico Binisafua”Access
Leaving Binibeca and taking the road that surrounds the coast, just passed Las Ollas, there is the restaurant on the right hand side.
Passeig de la Mar, 29-31 Binisafua
Telf: (+971) 357 741
I always talk about this restaurant as a perfect example of the concept of "raconet": it is a very charming place and is far from mass tourism.
It has no luxury. They run away from paraphernalia and nonsense and I guess that's what I like the most. It is located in an old boathouse in the middle of a road that leads nowhere; that is why it is only frequented by local people or people who know the area well. I have not seen it reviewed in any guide on the island and, honestly, I hope it never is. It's one of my best kept secrets... ;-)
The environment is amazing. I recommend going at night. At noon it is too hot. But you have to go early to enjoy the views. Binisafua (where two of my favorite nooks of Menorca are found: Es Caló Blanc and Binisafua Beach) is a fairly protected bay and that often makes for good seas. Right in front of the restaurant there is a small creek with boats and boats houses that is very cute.
At first, the restaurant was more rustic. The tables and benches were made of wood and gave it an authentic look. A few years ago they reformed everything. Now it has a more modern look; but I am happy because they have respected the authenticity of the site.
In high season (second half of July and August) it is necessary to book a few days in advance. The restaurant is small and very popular with people from Binibeca and Binisafua. In fact, from Binibeca you can go on foot in less than 10 minutes and the road is very pleasant.
Type: Mediterranean cuisine based on fresh fish. There is a good relation quality-price. Although the fish of the day is delicious, I always ask for dishes to share.
- Tomato Burrata Salad with Basil Vinaigrette - The burrata was delicious! Refreshing dish that I love to combine with fish.
- Caramelized Goat Cheese Salad with Apple Mustard Honey Vinaigrette - One of my favorite salads on the site. The mix of tastes is almost perfect.
- "Huevos rotos" with Iberian ham - A classic without much mystery. The ham was great!
- Sirloin cubes with padrón peppers and potatoes - This is another example of the quality of the product they offer.
- Andalusian chipirones - They were delicious; but I prefer squid. It is a really personal matter.
- Andalusian squid - One of the restaurant's star dishes. Good product really good treated.
- Eggplant chips - Another star dish. They are rolled very thin and the breaded is great.
- Anchovies in vinegar - They are almost a classic for me. They are perfect to eat at the beginning with tomato bread...
- Nettles of the sea - Another of the star dishes. Really good.
- Steamed mussels - I love them!
- Fish of the day - Another of the star dishes. It is a success whatever the fish is.
It is a really good nook. One of my favorites on the island, with no doubt. Without having anything special, get hooked. All the people I've taken, all of them have all repeated.Views
Price: High. From 40€