Restaurant “Bacaro”Carrer Jerusalem, 6 Barcelona
Telf: (+34) 931 156 679
Hidden in a small street behind the Mercat de la Boqueria there is this venetian tavern worth visiting.
The door is discreet. It does not attract too much attention; in fact, if they hadn't taken me there, I wouldn't have gone in. After the green door, a curious-looking place makes you feel comfortable from the first moment. It is informal in appearance, but lovely at the same time. The decoration is very varied; nothing that is there fits with what is next... but everything together gives it a friendly character.
Personally, I prefer the first floor. It is accessed by a very rustic wooden staircase. Upstairs, there are two separate rooms, but connected at the same time. The wooden tables and the photos of the Caribbean give it a special charm. The place is cozy and fun.
They are very friendly. They don't mind "wasting" time explaining the dishes in detail, which I loved. They live it with passion and that is how they transmit it to their clients. With their explation, I would have ordered all of them!
Type: Venetian cuisine with surprising mix of good products. The menu changes every season.
- Warm salad of grilled squid with fennel, celery, pecorino, pine nuts and Calamata olives - It is, without a doubt, one of the star dishes. Very refreshing. The contrast of flavors makes it delicious.
- Pappardelle with Ragu at Genovesa and pecorino cheese - Another star dish. The pasta is served at the perfect cooking point and the ragout is very tasty. No one should leave without trying it!
- Passatelli con setas rossinyols y rúcula - La salsa estaba buenísima. Aunque este plato me pareció más "pesado" que los demás, es totalmente recomendable.
- Passatelli with Rossinyols mushrooms and arugula - The sauce was delicious. Although this dish seemed "heavier" than the others, it is totally recommended.
- Carbonara de Mare - Ravioli with mussels and squid. Very tasty dish.
I dare say that it is one of the best places where I have eaten pasta in Barcelona, after the "Xemei".
The wine list is made up mainly of Italian wines.
The restaurant is small and it is always full. I recommend, book a table here previously.Price: Medium. From 25€ to 40€